AKOMA Dog Products Heat-N-Breeze Dog House Heater & Fan
Akoma's Heat-n-Breeze lets you keep your pet comfortable in the winter AND the summer with a single compact, safe, and durable product!
Flip a switch, turn the thermostat clockwise, and the Heat-N-Breeze functions as a Hound Heater, the world's best selling dog house heater. Flip another switch, adjust the thermostat accordingly, and it becomes a Hound Breezer dog house ventilator. Easy to install and easy to use!
All covers protecting the controls are locked using a simple “allen/hex screw”. All units come with a spring protected cord to help prevent chewing and accessories/tools to make installation easy…..we’ve even included the screws!
- 7 foot cold weather rated cord for flexibility and easier installation
- Metal cord cover for added protection from chewing
- Rounded corners for your pet's safety
- Weighs only 6 lbs.
- 1 year warranty
- Dimensions: approx. 10"L x 10"W x 5 1/4"D
In Heat Mode:
- Safe, dry heat
- Long life replaceable heating element (rated at 100,000 on/off cycles)
- Heats up to 32 cubic foot houses
- Lower portion is warm to the touch, upper portion may be hot based on thermostat setting and ambient temperature
- Automatic safety shut off prevents overheating
- Heat shield deflector for safer operation
- 150 watts of heating power for large houses and extremely cold weather (draws 1.3 amps)
- Heater mode costs approx. $5 per month on average if run every day
Average Furnace Temperature Ranges:
- Low to Medium -- 32-50 degrees F
- Medium to High -- 50-80 degrees F
Most people set their Hound Heater Furnace slightly above Medium. Please remember that the size of your dog house, its level of insulation, and door greatly affect the Furnace's ability to reach any of these temperatures.
In Breeze Mode:
- Very quiet -- less than 45 decibels
- Draws about 10 watts
- Displaces 24+ cubic feet of air per minute
- The Breezer fan will change out all the air in a typical dog house every minute
- Fan life expectancy of 30,000 hours
- Breezer mode costs less than $1 per month on average if run every day
- To maximize the efficiency of the Heat-N-Breeze, mount the unit on the wall farthest from the door
- Use a thermometer in your dog house and adjust the units to come on at 70-75 degrees F
- To help keep bugs out of your dog house, use the 1/2" foam piece to create a tight seal
- It is recommended that you drill a separate hole next to the vent for the cord but still use the foam
- It is advisable to place a bead of silicon around the edge of the exterior vent to prevent any leaks
- To prevent heat loss in the cold months, remove the bug screen and replace it with the solid black plate
FOR HEAT: Push the heat toggle switch down. Make sure the vent toggle switch is up. Turn the thermostat clockwise. Most customers set their dial just past "MED". This setting will keep a well-built insulated house that has a door approximately 55 degrees F. Turning it a little further clockwise will make the house warmer. Mount the heat shield approximately 1 inch above the unit (the black rounded piece of metal).
FOR VENT: Push the vent toggle switch down, making sure the heat toggle switch is up. Turn the thermostat counter clockwise until the fan comes on and adjust accordingly.
We Also Recommend